• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

helper/overload springs

Wondo

NAXJA Forum User
Hey all,

I asked this question on jeepforum...but didn't get to many respones, but they did help out alot, but i thought i'd ask it on here, I asked a similar question about ride control springs, but i take it these are much different, the helper springs that, i guess clamp on to your leafs, that you can buy at like autozone and auto stores like that, will they keep my rearend from sagging when i have a load in the back, and hows the ride when u have them on?..Do they have any neg/pos effects to the rear springs,...Thanks Everyone!!!

Dave

The clamp-on helper springs you refer to are similar to the shore add-a-leafs that most consider a bad choice.The shorter leaf does't support the end of the main leaf and can end up leaving you with a spring shaped like an elongated W.

If you do decide to use them, make sure they will work with a spring- over design.

On the other hand, the Monroe shock with the built in overload coil are an easy bolt-on to assist your existing springs.

Back