• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

A lil bling never hurt anyone....

LouisianaZJ

NAXJA Member #1362
just recieved a nice HD diff cover for my 44. I have not installed or tested it yet.

pics for those interested. looks like pure beef. i got the cheapest ones he offered. he also has some super beefy ones with a extra 1/2" rock ring on top of the 1/4" plate and recessed bolt holes for about $30 more

they all come with "rough finish" unground welds, weld splatter present and no bolts are included

looks like a good option other than the crane cover @ ~170 or BTF covers @ $140
it was $95+ ship which was actual UPS shipping ($15)
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=272147&goto=newpost

thumbnails

D44 diff cover
1/4" face and 1/2" ring
thumbnails, i ground down the weld splatter
>> >>>

1/2"
>> >>>

inside
>> >>>

i used a angle grinder with a flap disc to clean the splatter up, then i went back and did the inside a second time just in case

for the paint i used a cold galvanizing zinc paint followed by some bling silver rustoleum (did not know it had that ghey glitter in it)

i'll be running grade 8 hex bolts (5/16" x1") and regular washers (dont think ill need lock washers?)

oh, and for the CRANE lovers

D30 will be running this http://img157.exs.cx/img157/6436/d30_1770.jpg

Last edited:
wow. that's armor. I bet those could take a landmine

thanks

yeah, one day very soon its all coming together, hopefully. im puttin on the covers when the front gears are installed, the 44 gears + locker are installed already

D44 w/full detroit, 4.56 precision gears, u bolted pinion yoke; HP30, lockright, alloys, full circle clips, u bolted pinion yoke, 4.56 spicers

Last edited:
do cranes (or any other HD cover for that matter) do anything to stiffen the housing up, thus reducing the chance of ring gear damage? Or is it all hype?

Back