• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Super 30 kit Install Kit...

hjeepxj

#OCDINK
NAXJA Member
I picked up a Super 30 kit w/ARB used from a guy, so when I go about installing it and my new gears, I'll need to get a full install kit, but between thinking about it and reading, a standard D30 install kit will not work, as the bearings need to be bigger, and other stuff Im sure.

My Q is, does anyone have any suggestions? Ill call ARB or Superior on Monday, and see what they say, I just figure I'd ask here 1st to see if anyone has had this prob before.

Thanks in Advance. :cheers:

Just for sheets and giggles. When you call please ask them what they think the max tire size for the kit is. Curious to hear what they recomend.

YETI said:
Just for sheets and giggles. When you call please ask them what they think the max tire size for the kit is. Curious to hear what they recomend.

LOL will do.

YETI said:

35" is recommended most but "they" say it can withstand a 37". But that doesn't take into account what kind of steering and balljoints among other things.

-Mike

Yea I'm sure the kit is strong enough but the rest of the 30 is questionable.

Reason I asked about tire size is I actually had a distributor say it would be good up to 38's. I nearly wizzed myself. Just want to see what superior says.

I'd say 35's is the most and still have it pretty reliable. But that's just me..............

-Mike

91 Jeep Project said:
It comes with 30 spline Superior Alloy axle shafts and a matching ARB locker for your Dana 30............ :pig:

:werd:

jrsxj98 said:
yeah just cause you have the fancy 44 now.lol j/k :cheers:
That's a side reason. I'm actually mad at myself for spending the money to upgrade the D30 that I had, then selling it for a huge loss, when I KNEW I'd want a D44 eventually before I even started the D30 build.
My advice to anyone even thinking about going larger than 33s is DO IT ONCE and build the D44. It's MUCH cheaper to build one axle than two!
My upgrade went like this...
1. Installed the 4:88s to better use the 33s.
2. I had some front driveshaft vibes now and I wanted a front locker, so I installed the hub kit and the Lockright in the 30. The track width was 1.5" wider. :wierd:
3. Tires rub in front now, so I trimmed and installed the Bushwackers. :mad:
4. Bushwackers looked like CRAP with the 33s, so it's time for 35s. I didn't want to run 35s on D30 brakes and ball joints, so I built the 44. :rattle:

Cliff notes...TRY to look ahead and determine where you'll want to end up, then build for that. It's easier on the wallet! :wave:

94XJ4x4 said:
Sorry im a rookie... what is a super 30 kit?

Special 30 spline dana 30 upgrade from the stock 27 spline shafts. U also get a arb that accepts the 30 spline shafts.

Big Red said:
Special 30 spline dana 30 upgrade from the stock 27 spline shafts. U also get a arb that accepts the 30 spline shafts.

Someone beat you to an answer by about 11 hours. Try again next time. Sucks to lose, eh?

-Mike

Jeeze people major thread hijacking going on here! :laugh3:

ECKSJAY said:
Go pick up your Jeep, yew lush.

:wave:

BAH! I'm going. :D

BTT, looks like Ill have to call Superior tomarry.

35-2031 is the part # for the TJ Dana 30 Super 30 install kit.

:cheers:

Back