• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ride Contol Helpers????

Wondo

NAXJA Forum User
hey everyone, i was recently looking around on jcwhitney for something to keep my rear from sagging when i got a real heavy load in the rear, or towing something and i stumbled upon these...i got a couple questions if anyone can help me....first off, where do you mount these, and how, anyone ever use these, did they work?...and also can you use these if you have a lift? (i got about 3.5 in the rear)...thanks guys-dave

I5985.gif

Those spring slip over your shocks and the clamps hold them in place. You have to have shocks with metal dust tubes. I once used them on an old pickup I had. They work great for big loads but they don't do anything for shock valving. Also If you're not careful you can dent a shock body.

I think I have a pair that you can have for shipping. You would just need muffler clamps to hold them in place.

oh, and asuming your shocks have dust shields, they will work for any lift. Just don't go flexing it out.

thanks for the response and information..i would take them off your hands, but i dont believe i have dust shields on my shocks...i'll have to take a look and let you know.. thanks!!

dave

or you can buy some new Monroes with the overload springs already installed. I'd trust the Monroe version to hold up better than the add-on, clamp-on version from JC shit-n-me

The monroes seem like they might be a good thing for me...i've also seen that they make the overload springs? i guess they clamp on to your leaf springs. How do they work, is there any negative, positive things that you can get from the overload springs? Thanks guys

Dave

Back