• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone have an XJ 4x4 with a 2.5L Engine?

jayeepxj

NAXJA Forum User
Hello, as this is my first post, the question i had was about the 2.5 XJ.
I am from B.C. Canada, and these seem to be rare as iam trying to find a 1992-1996 2-door with a 2.5L Engine. I was just wondering if anyone could give me some info on them, or if you own one thats even better. Its nothing big but this is the OEM post and its also my first, as i just found the site and i am stoked. This site is nice, as i ve tryed the jeepforum.com and i think just about every other site i could find. ITS GREAT.

I also dont yet have a Cherokee [ I like XJ so much more] but ive had A 1991 YJ with a 4.0L islander edition. It was good, i had an accident with it and it was a total loss. I lost my licence [ again ] and i am looking to get a 2-door cheokee 4x4 [ of course ] and i do know lots about them as its easy to gain as we all know. If anyone has some cool stuff [ like pics etc ] that i might not find you could send it to me at [email protected]

anyhelp is awsome

thanks

Just get the 4.0 why bother with the weak 2.5..............The gas mileage isn't even that better, maybe a 1-2 p/gallon difference, plus power is not even close in comparison

edmaude said:
Just get the 4.0 why bother with the weak 2.5..............The gas mileage isn't even that better, maybe a 1-2 p/gallon difference, plus power is not even close in comparison

i had the 4.0L in My 1991 Jeep YJ Islander with Hard-top and well it was just to much. Man they got alot of power! well please sont be affended, i was just joking. I am a big fan of jeeps. I mean it started when i was younger and then i stoped liking them [ so much ] and i got a Car [ A honda ] and then i was into imports [ cars ] and i ve even had the pleasure to crash my YJ
[TOTAL LOSS ] and still all i think about is when i get my license back is how i am going to then have a XJ Jeep with a few things like

1.I am going to put Super Swamper TSL tires on it guess what [ stock size ]
because they make them for stock jeeps and i just want it like that.

2. Tinted Windows with 4 inch round lights by the front windows.

3.a good set of shocks like ranchos or some thing. [ you tell me ]

4.a winch and also a 2-way insted of a CB.

5. K N Filter [ i have one ] bought it new and took it off my last jeep from the place where they towed it after i crashed it.

6. i like the steering wheel off the 1990-1994 so i will keep it.

7. 4.10 gears in the 4-cyl model i think?

8.i nice roof bike rack, it just looks cool with the nice bike on top of jeep.

9. tell me what to do with the exaust and anything else thats basic.

10. what type of plugs and wires and stuff should i use [ OIL?] i love Castrol GTX 5-30 AND 10-30 GTX IT IS GOOD OIL.

Thanks your help is so awsome , and its a jeep thing they dont know.

PS the 4.OL has 6 cyl [ cant have a number that big on my jeep]
Unless you can talk me into it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back