• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

OBA queston

diabloxj

NAXJA Forum User
ok i'm buying parts for this so i can start mine. i'm doing ac/oba, on the inlet side where the filter goes. can i put a hole in my air box and pipe the air filter in the stock air box. this way its out of where it can get wet ect. my queston is i have a snokel, is it ok to have the comperssor taking air from the air box? or will it take to much from the motor, would it be best to use the compessor when not moving? any help would be great.

just put a lawn mower filter on the end so you do not have to plum the hose all the way over to the snorkle or air intake.

You will not be useing the OBA when you are under water so that should not be of significant concern.

Michael

i know its not that much of a concern. i'm just thinking about all the mud and water thta gets into the motor bay when wheeling. i just want to know if it take to much air from the motor or it i'll be fine

no it should not take too much air from the motor.

Still think it makes more sense to just use a filter on the of it.

Michael

If you're that willing to run hoses for it, why not run it through the firewall into the cab and then put the lawnmower filter on it. If it gets too much water or mud on it in there, you've got bigger problems than your OBA....You also wouldn't have it drawing any air from the air intake.

nhrocker said:
If you're that willing to run hoses for it, why not run it through the firewall into the cab and then put the lawnmower filter on it. If it gets too much water or mud on it in there, you've got bigger problems than your OBA....You also wouldn't have it drawing any air from the air intake.

Now that is a good idea!!

The only drawback to putting it into the air cleaner is it is possible to suck in ignitable fumes.

I just put a small filter that they market as crankcase filters for the ricers. perfect size and adds a little bling :D

i have mine running to my air box, well now it is a k&n style filter but all the same it dosn't take too much air and it works great i also don't have to wory about two filters.

bj-666 said:
i have mine running to my air box, well now it is a k&n style filter but all the same it dosn't take too much air and it works great i also don't have to wory about two filters.

yah thats all i want to do. do you have a pic of the set up.

yah i'm not weird about the filter i know what one i want. i'm just want to know it i put the filter in the air box will it take to much air from the motor.

Back