• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

how do you??

fisher446

NAXJA Forum User
I was wondering if there is a write up on how to take the flares off?
before you jump on my a$$ i searched but didnt see a writeup. I know its eazy, but i was wondering what to do with the liner that sticks out?? Is there any 3m tape holding on the flares that will need taking off?? Pics would be gooddddddddd

fisher446 said:
I was wondering if there is a write up on how to take the flares off?
before you jump on my a$$ i searched but didnt see a writeup. I know its eazy, but i was wondering what to do with the liner that sticks out?? Is there any 3m tape holding on the flares that will need taking off?? Pics would be gooddddddddd

how do you know it is easy if you have not done it?

Just remove the nuts from the back of the flares (they are just inside the lip of the fender). They come right off.

You can remove the liners seperately after the flares off.

Michael

yep be carefull though I busted the nuts off all the rear bolts, of course I wasnt putting flares back on so I didnt care and I found it was just easier to bust the bolts off then it was to unscrew the nut, hehehe.......

as far as the inner fender linner goes, either take it out or just trim it with an exacto knife. If you take out the fender liner you then have to worry about mud and what not getting thrown up on the door, i dont really care but others have put stuff in this gap to protect the door. I might do this soon. HTH

scott

Loosen all of the 10mm screws on the inside of the fender and the plastic flair will pull off easy. Then remove 2 of the remaining screws off, bust all of the rest of them off because that is what will happen anyway. I used metal shears to cut the inner liner and touched them up with a knife then re-installed them back on. I install Bushwacker Flairs on mine due to regional goverment issues. Have pic's but no write-up at http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/idmtntech/album?.dir=/d30f. Hope that helps.

Back