• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Caster shims

You can make your own
-or-
Go to the junyard and scavenge some
-or-
you can go to adjustable LCA's/UCA's

I buy them from the dealer, 'cause they're cheaper than I can make them for. If you want to try making them, GoJeep has a template on his web site.

I just did my buddies. Checker $3-5. We used the 3mm for a 3" budget boost. Solved all wobble issues.

His wife took his to Discount tires in Apache Junction Az for a quote on an alignment after we installed a 3" spacer in front and 1.5" block, 1.5" shackle in the rear. They wanted $850 for the shims, 2 new hubs, and 4 yes FOUR new upper control arms plus labor.

We did his in about 30 minutes. Most of the time was spent taking the wheel off. Once the lca was loose and the two rear facing lca bracket bolts were loose, we found it easy to move the axle forward by placing a bottle jack horizontaly between the frame above the lca and the other end on the bottom shock mount. This way all you have to do it crank the jack a few times and the axle moves forward.
Ben

Back