• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

D30 axleshafts??

brokexj

NAXJA Member #1165
Not sure if this is the right board, but here goes. I replaced the front CV shafts in my 85 yesterday with some non disconnect axles and unit bearings from a 92? and the driver side outer yoke hits the inner and full lock turning to the left. It only hits on one yoke (so every one revolution hits) and this is without the rotor/caliper/TRE's connected or on. Checked to make sure it's seated correctly (lookls like it to me) there is no binding elsewhere in the axle, bolts a torqued correctly and in a even fashion. When you look from the front, there is equal distance from both yokes on both sides. Did I screw something up or ? It looks like less than a 1/16" interference. Can I use the grinder and radius the outer yoke or should I do the inner? Should I toss that axle and find another (Don't really want to do that but will if I have to). Sorry for the length, I will be out there today messing with it today and see if I missed something. Thanks.

I used to search - D30 axles binding, axleshafts binding, ujoints binding.

Back