• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

wrenchin need help kinda quick like

sukemecuke

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 2000xj with a 242. I am swapping the case with a 96 242. It appears that there is an electrical connection in the front of the 2000, but it is in the rear of 96, and they are different connections. Can I get a 96 connector and splice it in there? Does this just control the 4wd light indicator or is it necessary for function? Also can I unscrew this sensor and screw the other sensor in place? Also what about the speedo gear, will the old one connect correctly?

Jeepin Jason said:
the speedo gear plug is uh, plug-n-play. ;) :D

so it should connect without a problem? Or should be swappable with current speedo gear? Well if that plug is just the idiot light well then I am not that worried about it. Although I would like it to work. I am kind of a pansy when it comes to everthing functioning on my jeep.

The plug your refering to is the "mode" selector switch.The 2k is on the top of the sector shaft,the older ones come off the "mode" fork shaft.Not sure about the plug(s) being interchangable!

Back