• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Thanks for lift info!

1st XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Thanks to everybody for your input on lift systems! I kinda of been looking at RE6020 kit and Skyjacker 3" kit. Should I wait and get a SYE and a transfer case drop kit as well??
Would it be better to it all at the same time? The reason I am lookin at the RE is from the forums on this site, And a friend with a CJ has a Skyjacker kit and loves it.
I am very new to jeeps all ways had Cherolets and Fords and Dodge 4x4's (none lifted though) the one thing I am really inpressed with is the power of the straight "SIX" and with the Banks header and Flowmaster it sounds like a V8.
I am very happy with my Cherokee so far and hope to make some improvments to it as time goes by.

Thanks for all your opions!!

I'd go RE. Put the kit on first and see if you have vibes. If you do lower the t-case, if no vibes good. If you still get vibes with the t-case drop, get a SYE. Why spend money you may not need to.

Do it all at once if you can. I thought I could put up with it for a while... yeah, no. The vibes were pretty bad, I have the RE 3.5 w/ packs and I put in an SYE.

If you drop the Tcase, it kinda defeats the purpose of the lift, unless it's just gonna be for light wheeling.

It's your rig, do what you think will work best for you.

-Marisha

If you get an SYE, you might not need to drop the t-case and lose any clearance...

Back