• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rigidco Rear Bumper Pics

MontanaXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Terry at Rigidco just sent these to me this AM. Enjoy and express your opinions.
740330_41_full.jpg

740330_42_full.jpg

740330_43.jpg

740330_44_full.jpg

Last edited:
I like it. I also like there Front Bumpers, and rock sliders...
I think My Jeep will be all rigidco armoured...
LOOKS GREAT. Now if I had the money to get one.

Mathew

Great looking bumper!

r@m

i think it would look better if the end caps didnt look like they were glued onto one of their front bumpers that they stuck on the back

but besides that i will probably do something similar to that when i build my rear bumper, i like his style

Is it easy access to behind the bumper so you can put the hitch pin in? I'm in the process of desiging a bumper and I like how that receiver is basically flush. If you get a chance do you mind snapping a pic of the underneath.
Looks good.

Looks nice. Couple of ?'s though...

How is the bumper mounted? Stock bumper ho;es or does does it tie into the frame rails also?

What are the end caps made of?

Same question as footdale on the receiver.

Tire carrier in the works?

Are there plans for a 97+ style?

I like the basic look. My stock bumper has taken that shape a bit. I think it would look better if the back part of the end caps was flush with the vertical surface of the bumper instead of trying to mimic the stock end caps. Actually, I would make the bottom part of the end caps flush with the bumper too.

is there gonna be a tire carrier..

also how does the bumper mount?

I like it I have a 00 with bushwackers so I would have to use the pre97 unless he did a custom one for me. I like the end caps but that just my opinion. Also how is the attatchment just stock bumper, or into the framerail?

Rigid does have a tire carrier coming out soon, and a 97+ version.

The mounting system is much beefier than all others on the market. It attaches down the framerail similar to the DOT tow package as well as the stock mounting points and it runs bolts through the center of the rear bulkhead.
I remember seeing a thread a while back on their rear mounting system. It was for their prototype version.
The endcaps are bolt on, so that they can be swapped for different purposes.

I asked Terry the same questions about the mounting here is what he said
The rear bumper mounts using the two 4-hole stock bumper mounting locations plus a center mount for the receiver and a subassembly that mounts like the factory/dealer Class III receiver down each Uni-frame rail and across the back under the OEM bulkhead lip. The bumper mounts to the subassembly at the receiver mount, both factory mounting locations and at three locations along the subassembly drawbar.
here is the mounting hardware.
rb_sa_components_p9300143.jpg

i12_lower_rb_mounting_detail_p9300160.jpg

I like that, very nice. But the end caps do need to be shorter to match the custom rock hammering on my rear quarter panels.

I've just decided on the Rigid front, looks like I'll be asking Terry about a frt rear combo.

Would like to see some pics of the different end caps.

i would like to see the rear loose the end cap type things and instead taper to a 2" by 2" that raps around the sides to the wheel well. the idea that i am thinking of would require cutting of the lower quarter panels, almost the same as the front bumper. then, at the ends of the tapre, there soulc be a brace that ties the ends into the frame. hmmm...i might have to fab something up myself.

cherowagon said:
the idea that i am thinking of would require cutting of the lower quarter panels

You're definitely going to have to fab that yourself.....I don't forsee manufacturers designing bumpers based on people trimming their quarter panels anytime soon. I could be wrong though.....

I like the looks of this bumper.....it's clean and the mounting system sounds right on par with what should be done on XJs.

fatwreck said:
You're definitely going to have to fab that yourself.....I don't forsee manufacturers designing bumpers based on people trimming their quarter panels anytime soon. I could be wrong though.....

I like the looks of this bumper.....it's clean and the mounting system sounds right on par with what should be done on XJs.

Here is what Terry wrote me along with the pics he sent

"Here are pics of the early model XJ RbA rear bumper. Should have pics of the late model XJ RbA rear bumper in the next week or so - soon to follow will be the tire carrier versions & the RbM rear bumper (this is the version that requires cutting away the lower rear quarter panel - a horizontally mounted 2x4 rectangular tube will provide side protection)."

I like this one better, and it has the same type of mounting system, just looks beefier, and not so pretty.

AJORA_Rear_003.jpg

Todd

cherowagon said:
i would like to see the rear loose the end cap type things and instead taper to a 2" by 2" that raps around the sides to the wheel well. the idea that i am thinking of would require cutting of the lower quarter panels, almost the same as the front bumper. then, at the ends of the tapre, there soulc be a brace that ties the ends into the frame. hmmm...i might have to fab something up myself.

The email I got from Terry @ Rigidco said the "RbM" bumper is in the works to do exactly that:
Here are pics of the early model XJ RbA rear bumper. Should have pics of the late model XJ RbA rear bumper in the next week or so - soon to follow will be the tire carrier versions & the RbM rear bumper (this is the version that requires cutting away the lower rear quarter panel - a horizontally mounted 2x4 rectangular tube will provide side protection).

We haven't had time yet to establish the prices because we'll have to build a few under production conditions to work out the cost - should have first prices soon!!

Terry at RIGID

Back