• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Centerforce clutches

xjrockrawler21

NAXJA Forum User
does anyone run a centerforce stage one. i am thinking about just getting a stock clutch or the centerforce stage 1 clutch. i have heard good and bad things about this clutch. and i dont think i need anything bigger than a stage one. i have 33" tires. The motor is pretty much stock and i still drive the truck around town. Just wanted to know what you guys thought.

Since you asked -- I think you should buy a Jeep factory clutch and forget about Centerforce.

How will you be using the vehicle and what kind of RPM will the engine be operating at? The Centerforce clutch is designed to use the centrifugal force of high RPM to increase the clamping pressure of the pressure plate. The concept is fine for a drag race vehicle that's going to rev out to 6,000 or 7,000 RPM or higher. It's useless in a rock crawling off-road vehicle that doesn't see more than 3,000 RPM on the street and runs at 1,500 RPM or less off-road.

i have the stage 3 i wouldnt do it again just cuz i know i dont use all of it . you can feel it push the pedal back at around 2500 rpm so i think thats when it starts to work.

I have a stage II and all I really do is rock crawling and hill climbing, Iam running a stock 4.0L and It works great, a stock clutch wont hold up for me, slips way to much, but Iam running 38.5 SX's

Back