• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Window switch module removal????

XJ-NUG

NAXJA Forum User
Hello everyone,

I have the same problem about a thousand other people do with their power window lockout switch on my 97XJ. Does anyone know how to remove just the window switch panel without taking the whole dang door panel off? I've been looking everywhere (yes, I have a Haynes manual and FSM) but can't find anything except to pry it out. The cover is starting to crack when I pry and I'd rather not break it. Is there some special way of prying this thing off so I won't have a bad-plastic moment?

Thanks.

The switch panel is all encompassing...meaning the doors, windows, power mirror, window lock out; are all one unit. To get to that unit, you have to remove the door panel.

It's real easy... remove 4 large screws holding the door panel on, and a smaller screw near the side mirror area. Once you have those are removed, take two putty knives, and slip one under the panel. Slide it until you find a snap plug, and place the other putty knife on the other side of the snap plug; then pry it off. Continue on the the rest around the door panel... Once you have them all loose, lift the door panel up to release it from the window channel.

Becareful how far you pull the panel out because the door / lock rods are still connected to the door handle on the door panel. You will need to release the plastic snap locks to release the rods from the door panel. The rest just unplugs...

All said and done, you can remove the door panel in less than 5 minutes...

Back