• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

worth swaping my 8.25 for a Dana 35?

spazegun2213

NAXJA Forum User
so, the more and more i drive my jeep the more i notice that it stops like shit. Today i nearly rear ended an idiot that stoped on RailRoad tracks. I was thinking of adding discs to the rear, but is it worth it? All the how to's i have read said its harder to do with a 8.25 (if not impossible). So would it be worth trying to find a 35 and do that?

-Thanks
Spaze

No... Find a better axle, newer Explorer axle, comes with Discs. minor mods, and you will be good go. Ford 8.8

it's no different to put discs on an 8.25" than on a D35. For the cost of an aftermarket disc brake kit though, you could do like Geepfreak suggested and get a Ford 8.8", which already has discs and is stronger than the 8.25" and D35, and in many ways stronger than a D44 too.

Don't get a D35
I did the ZJ swap on my 00 w/8.25 and it was really easy (too say). The hardest part(s) were pulling everything off at the boneyard and then grinding out the brackets and backing plates to fit.
Took about 5 hrs total(includes going to the yard too) and was one of the best mods I have done.
I spent less than $200 for everything.
HTH

Thats what/who I used to do mine. Great info.

Back