• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What are the lowest gears available? RCD44 & 9"

Ghost

Member Number 257
NAXJA Member
For a front RC D44 Ford and a Ford 9"? IS it 5.13 or do they make them lower for the front RC D44? I know the 9" has gears way lower. but was not sure about the front.

Part 2. 2.5L engine with 33's. What gears? I have 4.10's now and it is not near enough gear.

Part 3. I have been reading that some of the comp. crawlers are running 6 and 4 cylander engines with 37's and such. Waht gears are they running?

The lowest gears for a HP 44 is 5.38 and the regular 44 is 5.89, the 9" goes all the way down into the "6" range, but if U are running a 44 front, you'll have to match it obviously or get close with 1% or so if U can. I'm going to be running 5.38 in my hp44 and 5.43 in my 9" on 37" mtrs with and auto tranny and 2.72 in my stock 231 t-case on my old 206K 4.0L. I asked how low should I go and everyone told me to go as low as possible in the hp44 and if I ever use these axles in a TJ down the road they will work with the little 2.5L 4 banger on 35's or 37's. I plan to keep my axles even if I change vehicles down the road, the axles come with me. :)
Troy

Part 2. 2.5L engine with 33's. What gears? I have 4.10's now and it is not near enough gear.

I'd run 5.13's with this combo. You'll be at about 3,200 RPM on the freeway at 65.

You'll still want a 4to1 T-case for the steep, rocky stuff.

CRASH

CRASH said:
I'd run 5.13's with this combo. You'll be at about 3,200 RPM on the freeway at 65.

You'll still want a 4to1 T-case for the steep, rocky stuff.

CRASH

I don't do highway with this one. Lol, it's a trailer queen. I have a habit of breaking stuff. I might go to a 35 later. That is why I was thinking of the 5.38's.... any additional comments with that info? Why would I want the 4-1?

Back