• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1988 XJ 4 door or parts

MuddyXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Thinking seriously about selling the heep or parting it out. Would rather sell whole thing for now.

Has 196k+ miles on it runs but needs TPS and tune up but passed the emissions test in Ohio. Had 4.5" lift but leafs sagged and added lift shackles and replaced coils with RE 4". Has JB SYE and Tom Woods drive shaft. Transfer case will need a rebuilt but have plenty parts for that I will throw in. 4.0L with 5 sp. Has a lot of trail scares and rust from the lovely winters in Ohio. Have the D30-35 with 3:73 gears open both ends. Rockers rusted out but welded 2x2 tubing in place and can hi-lift on them now. Would make a good starter trail rig for someone. It sits on 15x8 Mickey Thompson Classic II's with 31x12.50 Mickey Thompson MTX radials and have the matching spare that has never been on road. Have TJ flares on front and the rears are not on yet but have them.

Going to give it a couple weeks to see if anyone wants the whole thing and then I will start parting it out. I will ship all the small things but not the axles, doors(hatch) or glass. If I part out I will be keeping the wheels and tires for my next Jeep.

I am asking $1000 firm for whole thing. Will try to get some pictures later this week.

Could you email me some pics before you part it out? I joined this forum because I am looking for a xj for use as a trail rig. I want to buy one by next weekend so if you could get those to me ASAP that would be highly appreciated.....unless you started to part it out. I live in MI too so its not real far

white99z if you would email me at [email protected] so I can get them to you as soon as my friend brings over his camera. I am off work next week so if interested in it we could work out some kind of transportation deal.

After a long debate with myself whether to part this thing out I have decided not to and then decided that I would take $500 cash for this. I am not going to ship it to anywhere but feel free to either trailer it or drive it home. The sooner the better because I have a new truck coming. FIRST $500 Takes it. Will have pictures this evening.

I will only respond with pictures to [email protected] so if you ask for them on this forum plan on not getting them.

I e-mailed you on your xj...I'm very interested in it and am acquiring some time off right now for the possibility that I can purchase it. Let me know.
I WANT IT!.....LOL
Aron

Nice to meet you and nice doing business with you....I'm VERY satisfied with our deal on your XJ. Everything is in the EXACT condition that you stated it was in....hell...I even drove it around for a couple of hours last night! (off-road of course)

Thanks Again
Aron

Last edited:
Back