• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

R&R 88XJ door . . .

Don Becker

NAXJA Forum User
I'm replacing the right front door on one of my 88XJ's. I got the old door off but it was quite a "fight" getting the 40mm torx socket and ratchet aligned on the torx bolts (the forward-most ones) for removal, even with the stop-device removed and the door fully open. I can imagine putting them back in will be pure misery. I'm imagining, somewhere, there's some tool that will get inside there better and won't be quite so long as the length of the torx socket plus the ratchet thickness . . . . also, for adequate tightening, I'm going to need to achieve some serious leverage . . . . any ideas/experience/help . . . . Thanks! Don

'just moving this up to the top to see if I can get any input . . .

asked this question a couple months ago. No special tool, but get a ratcheting 5/16th box end and just the plane 40 tx for like a drill, eg no socket head that will get em done

Back