• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Any Eastsiders?

redsand187

NAXJA Forum User
Well, it looks like everyone that browses this forum is mostly from the west side of Washington. I was wondering if there was any Central or Eastern Washington members out there? I'm near Yakima.

Hey! We're coming your way soon! We've been talking about coming to the Lake Cle-Elum area this spring and Naches in the summer! Watch for us... :)

Is there a cool wheeling spot nearby that you want to guide us through? Maybe you can talk us into coming sooner! ;)

Well I don`t live there , but I wheel there .
Selah to Eburg ,(don`t know it`s name it`s a single track that on top the hills paralells Yakima river)
Wenas to Menashtash ridge :wave:
Liberty

hards91xj said:
Well I don`t live there , but I wheel there .
Selah to Eburg ,(don`t know it`s name it`s a single track that on top the hills paralells Yakima river)
Wenas to Menashtash ridge :wave:
Liberty
Sounds like fun! Can we get stock rigs there?

redsand187 said:
I don't know many trails around here at all. Most of the ones I know are up in Naches. I don't know many people with rigs worthy of trails.
Does that mean that their rigs are junk or the trails are really tough?

Well, most of my friends have near stock newer SUV's like explorers and 4 runners. The rest have cars.

There are some pretty crazy trails around here. New Years Day I was up near Lost Lake. (Near Rim Rock) There was a "Easiest" trail that we made it about a tenth of the way up before we decided we needed to turn around. That was after coming upon a mud hole that was about 3 feet deep 30 plus feet long, full of junk from guys in the past trying to get out, and there were 2 locked Sami's on 33's on the otherside. The first one barely made it out, the second one had to be be winched out by the first. They were on the other side of the hole fixing their rigs telling us not even to try. I was with a TJ on 33's and a locked Bronco on 33's. I guess the trail gets a lot worse the farther up you go.

The trail rating's aren't up to date on a lot of the trails around here. Some will be a walk in the park, others will require 35's and lockers, both rated the same.

I think I'm going to go on a little adventure Sunday with a couple of guys one of my co-workers is friends with. One's got a a ZJ with 8 inches, long arms, lockers... the other a Toyota on 37's and lockers and not afraid of body damage. ;) So my XJ will be tiny and weak by comparison.

Back