• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need a Slave: NV4500 Conversion Parts Problem

MistWolf

NAXJA Forum User
I have an NV4500 in my Cherokee with the AA adapter and external slave cylinder. I'm stranded in L.A. cuz the slave done got emmancipated or constipated or joined the union or sumpin- it plain quit workin' and I need another one. Does anyone know what slave cylinder AA uses? What vehicle it's from-part number anything?? Mine is made by Girling. I need help QUICK! I'm supposed to be back to work Monday morning at the Grand Canyon! The bore is too worn to be rebuilt

A guy named Doug had the same setup at NACFest, until he bent the cross member up into the floor pan on a rock. I believe he said the slave is a Generous Motors part, but I'm not sure.

I don't have the part number with me here in Kosovo. I believe it was from a 4cyl CJ. That was what John at JB Conversions told me. It has been so long that I can't promise you that is the correct info. I would try and call JB Conversions. They have always been very helpful to me and they always returned my calls and emails very promptly.

Good Luck.

They aren't answering their phone yet, it's 8:17 Pacific time. I'm supposed to be at work in less than 2 hours! I'll keep trying though. In the meantime if someone has the info PLEASE POST! Thanks all

I don't have the exact year but it is off a early CJ jeep with hydro clutch. I would call AA they will have the info.

What isn't working on it? They are pretty simple units.

I've driven mine without using the clutch before, had a hole in the line. It's a bitch at stops but it can be done. The NV is very forgiving shifting without a clutch.

mark
orgs mfg

The bore is worn and fluid leaks past the piston. I don't mind driving down the trail w/o a working clutch but it's not a feat I wish to duplicate on a 10 hr interstate drive!

A 1985 CJ-7 has the part you want I just looked at it, I remember Rob's and it looks the same. My local parts store has them in stock so you should be able to find them easily. take it outside and compare it before you buy it.

hope this helps and isnt to late aa part # for slave cyl is 716331 it fits a 80-82 iron duke 4cyl cj aa book didnt say which trans good luck im not at all happy with my conversion or aa or jb conv not getting much help from them and alot of trips to parts store for parts that should have been included in kit
doug
Opies [email protected]

Doug, looks like you were able to get onto the boards! Lemme know if you've got any other questions or if anything doesn't make sense. Thanks!
Tim

Back