• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

how to keep front sway bar up

BlackXJ99

NAXJA Forum User
I got some sway bar disconnects and when I go wheelin' the sway bar falls down and clunks around, any easy way to keep it up out of the way?

i tried zip ties for a while and they always would break. got tired of that so now i use a bungee, the solid rubber kind that you cant hardly stretch and put it through to a hole on my front bumper. has been held in that place for about 2 months now. busted a disconnect bolt and have not fixed it yet

Made my own version of the DPG. cost like 8 bucks for the stuff at the locale wally world. or the sell them on Ebay for like 13.00

i used zip ties for a while too but they kept brakeing, so i started using bungee cords and they work great

buddy of mine used a dog collar and put a self tapper through it into the "frame) and he just buckles it around the end of the swaybar. seems to hold it just fine

Terra Manufacturing makes a set of straps that you simply run a couple of screws through into the frame rail. The straps have a retainer clip built in. The other end of the strap has an eyelet that snaps into the retainer clip. You simply wrap the strap around the sway bar and disco and snap the clip in place.They come in the quick disco kit from Terra but you can get them seporate. They're pretty cheap too. I think they run about $10. I don't have any pics of them but if you want I can see if I can't get some pics and post them on my webshot page.

Laters............Mikey

Back