• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

replace fuel pressure regulator???

olivedrabcj7

NAXJA Member #1384
i just replaced all the o rings on all my injectors with new ones, put it all back together, flip the key forward and sprang a leak at the fuel pressure regulator. i didnt replace those o rings because they didnt leak before. what could be the problem??? and should i just replace the whole regulator while im under there? and how does it come off the rail?

I've seen a lot more o-rings leak than regulators. They harden with age. When you pulled everything apart to replace the other o-rings, you disturbed them. The o-rings are a heck of a lot cheaper than the regulator and a lot faster to replace. I would try the o-rings and see what happens. I give you an 85% chance it will fix it.

well i replaced the o rings on the regulator on both ends (fuel rail and fuel line) and youre right...it stopped.....but now, 2 of my injectors are leaking again. there was one injector that i could NOT get to go in without tearing the o ring. i must have done that one 5 or 6 times with new o rings. funny thing is, its the same 2 injectors that were leaking to begin with. any other ideas before i sell it and start over?

well after closer inspection, on both of the injectors that are leaking, i pulled the electrical plug off them and both of them have gas inside the connection. and also, when the rail has pressure, if i push on the electrical connector, they will squirt gas out from there. does this mean the injectors are bad? i checked the new o rings i put in them and theyre good. help!!!

What year Jeep do you have? If its late 80's-early 90's, the injectors are prolly bad, esp if you have fuel in the electrical connector- I just replaced mine on my 90 XJ, using 5.0 Mustang injectors- much better setup, and no worries about underhood barbcue.....for fuel injector info, just run a search about "fuel injectors" on the NAXJA forum, and you will find all the info you need. Good luck,

Bret S Gray
90 XJ Laredo
3.5 RE lift
Dana 44

88 xj with 160,000 miles. one of the injectors looks new as it is black in color...the rest of them are silvery colored. there is fuel in the electrical connection and running down the body of the injector. i just replaced all the o rings in all the injectors and these 2 are still leaking...its gotta be bad injectors.

Back