• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

odd noises

madcrazy_lp

NAXJA Forum User
I have a noise it is like a low pitch squeel. It seems to only happen when i turn on the defrosters. and it also seems to re-occur every couple of minutes or so. anyone got any ideas? thanks a bunch.

Open your hood next time and listen for where its coming from for a start... Could be loose belt, bad A/C compressor slipping as the A/C compressor is used for the defroster setting to supply DRY air to the windshield..

my guess, a/c compressor, since it cycles on and off when the defrosters are on. try turning on the a/c and see if it does it then.

thanks everyone for the replies. BTW its a 92 4.0 XJ. the noise is very intermitten. it seems like it happens when i first start it up when the defrosters are on. i have been trying to reproduce the sound today but with no luck. i will get back when i get some more details. thanks again.

Back