• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Throttle sticks a little

JeepFreak21

NAXJA Forum User
I'm looking at buying another Jeep... it's actually a '99 Grand, but I figured naxja could still give me some advice. When you step on the gas, it seems to hold the rpm for about 2 seconds after you let off. The salesmen goes, "Chrysler throttle plate... they're notorious for sticking if you leave the Jeep parked for a few days. If you drive it around the block it goes away." I call BS. Anybody know how serious this could be?
Thanks,
Billy

BTW: it's stock... 4.0, auto, 4x4

There aren't too many things that can cause it. Lube the end of the cable, check for obstructions/wires getting in the throttle mechanism.

its not normal, you can remove the cables from the throttlebody and isolate the problem between the cables or the throttlebody. i saw a t-body binding on an xj the other day and have also replaced accelerator pedals on the grands before.

Have them look at it but as I said it could be normal due the way the computer handles the idle. Seen a few complaints on 4.7L WJ's also normal.

Back