• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Monolinear Leafs

jeeppowermj

NAXJA Forum User
I have seen monoliner(one leaf) lift kits for wranglers but I have never seen them for anything else. Why is that, I would think if they had good flex like the add says then there would be monolinear leafs for more vehicals. I was wondering if any one hoas ever seen anything for a cherokee or comanche. Also I would think monoleafs would make a great front leaf conversion for a XJ?MJ.

jeeppowermj said:
I have seen monoliner(one leaf) lift kits for wranglers but I have never seen them for anything else. Why is that, I would think if they had good flex like the add says then there would be monolinear leafs for more vehicals. I was wondering if any one hoas ever seen anything for a cherokee or comanche. Also I would think monoleafs would make a great front leaf conversion for a XJ?MJ.

Hmmm... are they used in conjunction with coilovers/coils?
Researching now...
Billy

While they work pretty good on a street machine. The amount of flex we put springs though tend to cause them to fail pretty quick.

hpi_jeep said:
ive seen them in action on a yj. absolute shit IMO...
no flex, really stiff ride
Exactly. The ORIGINAL Camaro (the very first year they built them) used monoleaf springs. They rode like crap, handled like crap, and broke a lot of springs. The next year they changed to multi-leaf springs.

U don't hear about that monoleaf kit for YJ anymore. I guess with enough people complaining about it, they folded. I did hear some good reviews on the YJ kit in 4 wheel/Sport Utility mag a few years ago.
Troy

i kid i know had them he hated them they flexed like crap and were way overpriced he sold them and went back to reg leafs

I got a buddy who ran them on his YJ. they sucked, no flex, crappy ride, and he broke two of them.

jeeppowermj said:
Thanks for all the responds. I guess theyre not flexy like i thought. It would be neat if they could make some that could work good.
Seems to me that more and thinner leaves would be the way to get flex while retaining capacity. I think I recall Goatman describing his springs, and my recollection is that his springs have a lot of leaves in them and flex pretty well.

Eagle said:
Seems to me that more and thinner leaves would be the way to get flex while retaining capacity. I think I recall Goatman describing his springs, and my recollection is that his springs have a lot of leaves in them and flex pretty well.
Exactly...

Talking with Hikley, he said that 9-11 leaaf packs are the way to go for flex, durability and ride.

Fergie

Back