• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4" coils homebrew ideas.. or?

Outdoors

NAXJA Forum User
OK I have some 4" coils I picked up for $25.
They are Tomkens or Trailmaster not sure which.
Here's a number I found on the coils, U18017.
Any idea which one manufacturer?

Now homebrew cheap rear.
I think this is not true, S10 stock complete rear leaf packs fit and add 3"?
Any other ideas.
Let me know how you might homebrew this, if different.

Otherwise I'm thinking it might be cheaper getting the RE 3.5" Superflex full leaf package under 600.00
No decision yet! Thanks ahead of time.

pre '95 blazer spring packs with the eyes cut off and added to your main leaf will give you around 4 inches.... post '96 blazer springs done the same way will give your between 2.5 and 3 inches....

*if* those are 4 inch coils I would probably go the dakota spring pack mix and match combo for around 4 - 4.5 in the rear....

It will cost more, but I would say to go ahead and address the track bar and some control arm drop brackets... this way you will have the front centered right, can use your stock control arms, and greatly reduce your chance for death wobble... For my $$ i would do the rubicon express hd track bar with the rod end and drop brackets... If you don't do the drop brackets you will probably want to go with some lowers.... rockymountainsusp.com has lowers for like $65.... they also have some really good prices on shocks there to.... you will need those.

*If* I could do my lift over again this is the way I would do it.

you can break it down....

drop brackets and track bar from RE... ~$455, the shocks (rough country Nitro's- got them and love them) sould be around ~$130, rear springs (dakota)~$50

that puts you around $635.... that includes good shocks, and in my opinion is the better lift... just tried and true opinion :)

mississippi_xj,
Thanks for the input, Some good ideas too.
Anybody know what front coils I have
by the number I gave from the coil itself?

When I wheel my rig, hammering those drop brackets
might be a problem on the trail though.
It's about the same price as the RE 3.5" Full leaf pack kit.
Of course I would still have to get shocks for the RE kit.

Do you get in the rocks mostly? For me (in the southeast) the drop brackets wouldn't be that bad of a problem..... I can say that I *am* definately going that route.......

CJ rear 4" lift springs worked on my brothers. I got them free. The rear CJ's are 2.5" where as the fronts are 2". I used XJ main then the CJ's with an Short AAL and some new shocks and it rides real nice. The main leaf is still worn but it rides good.

family XJ said:
CJ rear 4" lift springs worked on my brothers. I got them free. The rear CJ's are 2.5" where as the fronts are 2". I used XJ main then the CJ's with an Short AAL and some new shocks and it rides real nice. The main leaf is still worn but it rides good.

How much lift did those CJ rear give him? What brand Lift Springs?

Curtis

Back