• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bumper hole covers?

ZmOz

NAXJA Forum User
I replaced the front bumper on my '96 a few months ago with a horrible chinese copy from ebay. I don't have fog lights, and my old bumper had some plastic plugs that go in the fog light holes. The new bumper didn't come with these, and is already starting to rust around the holes. Where can I buy these things? What are they called?

Duct tape? Look at the 'Help' stuff in Home Depot, Ace, Checker, Autozone or whereever; I seem to recall a selection of rubber/plastic plugs at the auto stores but similar things somewhere in the vast area of bins at the hardware store as well.

The actual plus are probabloy dealer-only, but you can get black plastic "barb" fittings for attaching trim in a variety of sizes at any of the auto parts stores, and use cheapie self-threading nuts to hold them in place.

I agree, if rust has started you should de-rust and paint the edges of the holes with something before installing the plugs.

It's chrome, not painted. I will try to take off the rust...and probably will put a little grease around the hole under the cover.

clean it with Comet or Ajax and cover it with clear fingernail polish.

Back