• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tom Woods SYE Seal Question

verrive

NAXJA Forum User
Today when I was under my Jeep I noticed that there was a little bit of fluid on my TC, when I looked, it seemed to be leaking from where my SYE is. The seal was starting to come out of the new tailcone housing. From what I remember, there was lip that kept it in the tail cone housing, am I remembering right?

- Kevin

I am pretty sure that there is no lip. I had my seal pop out after about 200 miles. I called Tom Woods and he sent me two new seals and red locktite. Cleaned it really good and installed the two seals with locktite and haven't had a problem for the last 15000 miles. (I check regularly)

Hope that helps

Sorta helps. So the seal just chills there and its just supposed to not wander? Unfortunetly I don't remember the install to well, I did it at night :p

Yeah its the 242, I was fooling around with some screw drivers driving to push the seal back in even but it just wasn't happening. Guess I'll give him a call on Monday and see what happens, the kit is less than 2 months old, you know how long they've had this problem?

My kit is 9 months old. Locktite is the answer. Just make sure you take your time and REALLY clean off ALL contaminates. I let mine sit for 24 hrs before I even moved mine. And make sure you don't over fill your TC.

That is my experience.

well, you can always park the "ass" of your jeep on an angle, and put more fluid in, thats what i do to my diffs:) more lubrication+less heat

Back