• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Another Re6030 Install

Rocketman

NAXJA Forum User
The ordered my 6030 from Group Buy, along with the RE Adj. Trackbar. Already have my longer shocks installed. I have BFG AT 31's loaded up on my 15X8 2001 Anniversary alloys. (from a Wrangler friend o mine!) A case of PB Blaster and me thinks I be ready!!! ($499 for the kit & $116 for the trackbar, not bad)

My heap is a 93 with a 231, 30/35, AW4. I've been told that older than a 97 "shouldn't" have vibes at speed. The issues came more pronounced after 97 I guess. (and of course the higher you go.)

ANYONE out there with a similar rig?? Experiences, gripes, kudo's? Disappointments, joy, etc...

Did your leafs come with bushings? I ordered a set of poly anyway as well as a set of 3/4 spacers for the front to replace the dying isolator in the front and to even things out, or so I'm told. Is it true I can expect well over 3.5"? I know about squeaks with poly but keeping em lubed should help and I've read they help articulation, besides lasting way longer.

I have already pulled my flares and front liners, did the pool noodle thing. Thinking about POR15 or Herc in the wells?? Anyone??

OK... let the games begin....

By the way, This should take place a couple weekends from now should anyone in the MWC wish to provide their "expertise."

Thanks for any "constructive" comments guys!!

Rob

Slight correction - it's the 96+ that are more prone to the vibes.

RE lifts often give more than the advertised amount; mine must have been a freak because it sits at 4.5" even after install; the 2" BB was also pretty close. The thing they don't do is fail to live up to the advertised height.

Enjoy - and start PB Blasting now...

I have the same lift on a 94. It gave me about 5" after install, it has settled to about 4.5, but I havent wheeled it much. I did have some vibes, but degree shims and tc drop helped. Just to let you know the re sway bar disconnects work, but they are a pain to hook back up. I wish I would have gotten jks. Another thing i wish i would have gotten adj lower control arms, but i am buying adjustable uppers. I am also looking to replace the stock shackle with the one they use in the 4.5 kit, which means i have to go higher, so i am going to go ahead an order a sye. Lastly i wish i would have gotten the zj coils instead. But all in all it has been a great lift and i would do it all over again if i had the opportunity. I have received many compliments on it too. Sorry I rambled on so long and told you my life story. Hope this helps. Later.

sounds right. be prepared to need an SYE potentialy if you get some crazy vibrations...
If you want to drive to NE, ill help you put it on :D

might want to look into adjustable control arms - i destroyed a front d/s by bad pinion angle...

IIRC the RE kit does include rubber bushings in the leaves and the factory isolator is about 3/8" not 3/4" but throw a bumper on there and it'll sit about the same...

here is a link to my install which most of the same components...
http://www.opiebennett.com/Lift.htm

here is a basic steering adjustment that you will need to do to make the XJ driveable to the allignment shop...
http://www.opiebennett.com/Steering.htm

I just lifted my 93 with the DPG 5" kit. My Jeep sounds very similar to yours except I have the Chrysler 8.25 rear. I stressed about the SYE kit before the install because I chose not to buy it right away. I just did theT-Case drop. Turned out I had no substantial vibes at any speed. It's been a month now and it still rides well, but now I am beginning to get a little rear D/S noise when I am coasting down hills. My point is that you may be able to get away without the rear SYE for a while, but it's a good idea to eventually get one. You may have a little time to decide, so if money is a concern... (like with me) I would wait and see.

Be easy with the bolts. I got lucky and they all came out. The rear shackle bolts scared me though because they popped horribly as I turned them. A breaker bar and impact wrench will be a great help to you.

Good luck-

Back