• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

More Lift!!

Wondo

NAXJA Forum User
Hey everyone...i have the 3 inch rustys lift with the full leaf packs, and the front is a little low, so i just recieved 1.75 spacers for the front and shackles for the rear... :yelclap: i wanna put it on as soon as possible, do you think i can get away with the stock control arms till i get more cash for the news ones, if i keep it on the road till control arms arrive?

It'll ride like crap and you will probably get death wobble, but you could do it. Do you have an adjustable trackbar, longer shocks, longer brakelines? I suppose you could get away without the trackbar and shocks if you don't mind the horrible ride, but the longer brakelines I wouldn't consider as optional. Definately get longer brakelines. The ride control is going to suck bad enough to be dangerous, so brakelines that are too short would make it a death trap on wheels.

How long have you had the lift on? The rear packs will settle some and possibly level it out.

Did you get my forward today?

Hamy.

you can get away with anything, as long as its not illegal... nevermind that was stupid.

brandon
it'll just ride ok with marginal flex

yea i have the longer shocks, and extended brake lines..i have had the lift on for around a year now, theres no way the leafs i got from rustys are going to sag, if i was able to fit a dumptruck load in the back of my jeep they still wouldn't say, they are stiff as all hell for some reason..but anyway...does anyone think that it might be road worthy, i have to make it back to school, about 100 miles.

thanks everyone
dave

I ran a 3" lift with spacers on stock arms for over a year. 40 miles a day back and forth to work plus fishing trips on the weekend. Didn't have a problem except it was a little harsh over small sharp edged bumps. It eventually killed the lower front CA bushings because the CA would hut the mount at full droop.

I had a DW problem when I first put on the 3" lift, but it was due to a badly out of round tire.

Back