• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

friends jeep is having symptoms

Ramsey

NAXJA Forum User
he posted this on our board and i htought i would pass it on to see if yall could help out. he has put in new engine and t-case and is still steady having problems.
here it is

"i am getting error code #11 when i check them
Fault in wiring between crankshaft position sensor (CPS) and ECM ( PCM or computer ) or faulty CPS
what exactly is it saying or what should i do. i just replaced the O2 sensors and they are already bad. someone said my egr? sensor is causing them to go bad

i drive it for a little while then it will die then i have to wait about 2 min. to crank it will drive about 2oo yds and repeat"

its a 96 zj. posting here for max exposure, need help asap please

i'll pass that on. thinks that is all thats wrong?

one other thing, would that have any affect on the o2 sensors. i wouldnt think so but what do i know. please help. TIA

No, a bad CPS won't affect the O2 sensors but it'll certainly cause the no start/stalling symptoms of your friend's Jeep. Fault code 11 confirms that so replace the CPS.

i'll tell him, anyone have a clue why the o2 sensors went out right after putting them in?

heres one response i got off of my clubs board. sound right to yall?

"If your CPS is bad, then it will cause it to run rough (if at all.) The ECM will try to compensate for the rough idle and cause the O2 sensors to go bad (Unburned fuel from the spark being advanced or retarded through the ECM computer, causing the O2 sensor to get fried.) I may be way off-base without actually seeing the problem it's hard to diagnose over the internet."

Back