• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fuel pump kill switch done [pics]

fatwreck

NAXJA Forum User
Well, I finally got around to doing this mod and I thought I would share a writeup with you guys.

I can't promise that your wire is the same color as mine is....you know how XJs are :wierd: ....but it might be.

Check out the writeup here:

http://www.projectxj.com/mods/kill.switch.htm

Pics:

IMG_5479.jpg

IMG_5476.jpg

IMG_5480.jpg

Brian
www.projectxj.com

BrettM said:
great, now you just posted with your location and exactly where the switch is located, on a public forum that anyone can read.

You know, I really thought about that.....but then I realized that the person that is going to try and steal my jeep (which isn't parked anywhere that it could be stolen EVER) probably isn't going to be reading these forums.

And if they are....I'd have to find them and give them a good beat down for that reason alone.

Plus, I thought that posting the pictures (which no one seems capable of doing anymore) would be helpful for all of those people that do park their XJs in vulnerable places.

:wave:

JeepFreak21 said:
Do you know which wire you tapped into? Ground, 12v, or ignition? I'm assuming that's what the three are. Somebody warned me not to break the ground wire, because then when you're trying to start the Jeep, it may try to ground to the tank or some crap. It only caused enough doubt in my mind for me to put off the project :rolleyes:
Billy

It wasn't the ground wire. The ground wire is black and I traced that to where it's grounded, just to confirm.

So, I either tapped into the 12v or ignition....I guess. I can't seem to find the color of wires that I have in the wiring diagrams that I have access to.

what if some jackass in the back seat accidentally hits it, doesn't the fuel cut off. great idea to keep thieves from jacking it, but potentially dangerous and possibly fatal. i have thought about doing it b/c my jeep is in a vulnerable place, but i would think of mounting it elsewhere. i like it but i would put it in a location where only u could possibly hit it.

under the dash would be the best or even in the glove box. now is this mod done so no one steals your jeep or so when you flip your jeep you can ture the fuel off?

i did this same mod about 6 months ago, but i tapped into the ground wire. it still grounds to the same place, and it has been running fine with the switch installed.

just don't go around testing it every other day or you'll be needin a new fuel pump real quick.

xjrugger said:
what if some jackass in the back seat accidentally hits it, doesn't the fuel cut off. great idea to keep thieves from jacking it, but potentially dangerous and possibly fatal. i have thought about doing it b/c my jeep is in a vulnerable place, but i would think of mounting it elsewhere. i like it but i would put it in a location where only u could possibly hit it.

fatal....you've got to be kidding me?!

It's pretty rare that I even carry passengers in my back seat....and I'm not in high school anymore....so my friends are a little more mature than shutting off my rig while I'm driving.

Where it's located....with the cage and the seat being all the way back....you would have to really reach down on purpose to hit it.

Damn, I was just trying to give people pointers on a way to do it. A lot of people claim to have done it, but when it comes time to give specific info on how they did it....there weren't any decent writeups.

You can mount YOUR switch wherever YOU want. :)

Fatwreck

I am one that would like to thank you for the post.

Good idea, I will probably just put the switch in a different location.

And I agree, more people should post pics with write ups.

BskisXJ said:

naaa, pictures are useless...
A membership to NAXJA however...
i think that more people should make write ups....
(without pictures of course)

Tanks for the info Brian [Fatwreck]

BskisXJ said:
Fatwreck

I am one that would like to thank you for the post.

Good idea, I will probably just put the switch in a different location.

What he said. A generous jesture deserves credit.

Back