• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Type of Rim, Where to get em?

SharkXJ

NAXJA Member #1177
Hi,
I have read through just about every post there is on Back Spacing and man - there is a ton of great info out there. Here's my delema. I am going to be installing the RE 3.5" Super Flex Lift on my 2001 XJ. I want to run 31x10.50 Tires on a 15x8 Rim. From what I have gathered, a 4" to 4.5" back spacing is prime for 31x10.50's on a 3.5" lift.
I would love something like the Mickey Thompson Calssic II's
mt_CLASSIC_II_b.jpg

or the Extreme Alloy 1069's (similar)
xtremealloys_1869_b.jpg

I am having a really hard time finding an Alloy / Aluminum Rim similar to these with 4 to 4.5" back spacing. Most of them only go up to 3.75". Would this work with the set up I want to go to? If not, would any of you be able to tell me a rim similar to these that would have this back spacing available?

Thanks in advance for your input.

Personally I would run the stock wheels and would prefer the 7" wide instead of the 8" wide for the 31's your considering (I would go 8" wide if you are considering 33's or similar in the future).

However, If I was getting new rims of that variety I would consider where I was going in the future. 3.75 will work for you application (will put alittle extra stress on components) but a 4-4.25 is probably much better (I would not go over 4.25 though). I would be surprised if you could not find a similar looking wheel with this BS. There are many companies that make a similar wheel.

Sorry I can not provide specifics on manufacters and BS.

Michael

2xtreme said:
Personally I would run the stock wheels and would prefer the 7" wide instead of the 8" wide for the 31's your considering (I would go 8" wide if you are considering 33's or similar in the future).

However, If I was getting new rims of that variety I would consider where I was going in the future. 3.75 will work for you application (will put alittle extra stress on components) but a 4-4.25 is probably much better (I would not go over 4.25 though). I would be surprised if you could not find a similar looking wheel with this BS. There are many companies that make a similar wheel.

Sorry I can not provide specifics on manufacters and BS.

Michael

Micheal,
Thanks for the reply. Not quite sure what the future holds for this XJ. Maybe 5.5" Lift with 33's in a couple of years. I just dunno yet. So in the mean time I am gonna do the 3.5" with 31's. I may end up getting another rig way in the future to Mod up.

I am open to other styles, so any suggestions are welcome......

Shark im going through the same problem with wheels right now have my lift installed and time for wheels and tire, almost impossible to find aluminum wheels with 4 to 4.5 BS.Most everything is a lot less Eagle wheels seems to be all 3.25bs the Classic lls are 3 5/16 bs the only ones i seem to find that are close to 4 bs are American Racing Baja's atv 3.75 bs or some of the Ion wheelsat 4.00.

http://www.ionalloy.com/

http://www.americanracing.com/

Myself i think im either going with Classic ll or American Racing baja.Steel wheels seem to be your best bet for 4 to 4.5 BS no offense to anyone but just not a steel wheel guy.

Thanks for the replies. AEV's are a little bit out of my price range :) I can't find a dealer around here who sell Pacers. There is a slight possibility that I am going to stick with the stock rims. I am thinking the BS is about 5". Think if I use them and throw on 1" Wheel Spacers that would work????

Anyone else with some advice????

Thanks again -

SharkTJ said:
Thanks for the replies. AEV's are a little bit out of my price range :) I can't find a dealer around here who sell Pacers. There is a slight possibility that I am going to stick with the stock rims. I am thinking the BS is about 5". Think if I use them and throw on 1" Wheel Spacers that would work????

Anyone else with some advice????

Thanks again -

They will work stock with no spacer. You might rub slightly on your LCA depending on type. If so you can adjust your steering stops slightly.

Michael

Contact America's Tire/Discount Tire and check out MB Motoring's wheels. Mine were 4.25in backspaced, 15x8.

Back