• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone running Bilstein 6100's?

Mike L

NAXJA Forum User
Yes, I did search. Most of what I came up with was about 5100's, 5150's, and 7100's. I was thinking of getting a set of 12" travel 6100's for the front and 10" travel 6100's for the rear. They would be valved at 275/78 which should be good for driving on road (may be a little harsh), palying on rocks, and getting to the trail head quickly. I came across a used set and was wondering what the opinions are. If I didn't get these I would probably get a set of 5100's or get the 7100's for the bling factor. Thanks.

-Mike

Good choice on the valving, it seems about perfect for most stuff.

CRASH

CRASH said:
Good choice on the valving, it seems about perfect for most stuff.

CRASH

Is that the valving you and Jes are running front and rear? Or did you go a little lighter in the rear: 255/70? Thanks.

-Mike

We're running 275/78 up front, but haven't had it out enough to tell you how it is in everything I run. My valving knowledge is based on talking to guys that run 7100's in similar conditions, especially Dave Taylor. He runs 275's in the rear as well, but his shocks are angled pretty heavily.

Jes and I have something special planned for the rear, and we haven't chosen valving for that yet........ ;)

CRASH

These are for sale on the Jeepspeed website

Bilstein 7100s vaulved for JS. Resi shocks the fronts are 12" short bodied and the others are 14" with normal setup. They work great but I got 9100s now. $250.00 a pair for them they are in nice shape. 2yrs old Will take offers of trades as well.
Brian
[email protected]

Back