• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help in Gear Ratio Selection

dialogue

NAXJA Forum User
Vehicle 87, AW4, 242 TC, dana 30 front, dana 44 rear, (tires maximum 235x15 or equivilant 16s) 1" lift, soon to install blueprinted, 4.7 stroker engine.

I am in the process of rebuilding my axels. I am looking for the best gear ratio for a combination of 75% daily street driving, 15% towing, 10% off roading.

It looks like I will have to replace the 3.55 R&P. I will be adding true tracks to the front and rear. What is the best (better) gear ratio for maximum gas mileage, performance and occassional towing?

TIA
Mike

With the stroker engine and a maximum tire size if 235/75R15, the stock 3.55 ratio is a good choice to stay with. 3.73s would be the maximum I'd use, and will be more than adequate if you decide to move up to 30s or even 31s for tires.

Eagle said:
With the stroker engine and a maximum tire size if 235/75R15, the stock 3.55 ratio is a good choice to stay with. 3.73s would be the maximum I'd use, and will be more than adequate if you decide to move up to 30s or even 31s for tires.
agreed

i want to re-gear with my 30's but i have the ax-15 with 3.07 gears...

Back