• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Draglink/TRE issues

Kejtar

PostMaster General
NAXJA Member
OK, so I have about 5" of lift up front with stock steering. I know that I should upgrade, but the $$ I had set aside for that got burned for something else that came up and the upgrade is postponed for now. In any case, the stock TRE started to go and I ordred one from Quadratec. Now that TRE has on it maybe altogether $300 miles (if even) and it seems to be going as well (it's popping like crazy and it seems to be "tweaked" and pulling out). Part of the problem I think is the steep angle at which the TRE goes into the pitman arm. Now if I put a drop pitman arm (or one from a grand cherokee) it should alleviate that sligthly, but how badly will it screw with the rest of my steering? At this point it seems that the draglink is somewhat parallel to the trackbar (RE heavy duty with the bracket).
Will putting the drop pitman arm payoff or will it cause other trouble? Has anyone else had a similar problem? how did you solve it?
I looked at the thread about flipping the tie rod over to the top of the knuckle and even considered putting the dragling from a RHD, but at the price that was mentioned it seems like a very impractical solution.

Remi

Back