• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

tail light guards for 89 xj?

generalleexj

NAXJA Forum User
hey everyone, i was just wondering if there was any company that made tail light guards for an 89 XJ. i know they have them for the newer models, but what about all of us with the older XJ's ? just a thought, any links would be great, thanks alot guys.

matt

I had some on my rig.

Smittybilt and genuine steel make em.

i saw the smittybilt ones, but it says that they are for the newer light models, the 97-00 i think, will this fit on my 89 ????
i did see that GO RHINO has a pair, but their 140 $ ! thats alot for tail guards.

generalleexj said:
i saw the smittybilt ones, but it says that they are for the newer light models, the 97-00 i think, will this fit on my 89 ????
i did see that GO RHINO has a pair, but their 140 $ ! thats alot for tail guards.

hmm, I swear Smittybilt had them for pre 97...maybe not though.

No, 97-01 ones wont work pre 97...

Normally they run about 115...which is still too much.

I paid 80 shipped and sold them for 80 shipped.

Go all out and get the FarmBoyDesigns taillights. I love em, and, they are not just guards, it's a whole steel box replacment.

Tylor

I had the same trouble finding to find tail light guards for my 94. Most companies used to make them, but have stopped. 97-01 guards will not work on pre97, because of the change in tail light design. Anyway, I bought mine from this site. It isnt the best place to buy from, but you do what you have to do.
http://www.gogrilleguards.com/
Later.

Back