• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

the carnage begins soon...shortened mj

davidt

NAXJA Forum User
I have a long wheel base MJ, I am going to shorten the wheel base to about 108". Has anybody on this board (I know MJ dan has done this) done this? I know I will need to move the gas tank, I am just going to get an xj tank. My next problem is am I going to have to cut the frame, or will I be ok with where the axle is on the bend of the frame. Stay tuned for pictures tonight. Thanks. David

no luck on the pictures, too dark. Anyway, would it be a problem if the axle is on the part of the frame where it bends? Can't I just adjust the bump stops and deal with the limited up travel because of the bend in the frame? Thanks for your input

108" wheelbase MJ....the easy way

MVC-032S.jpg

MVC-026S.jpg

MVC-023S.jpg

davidt said:
yeah right "the easy way". That looks sweet! With I had the time and skilll to do that. Is the front stock?
Stock mounting points on the axle, long arms and a HP60...full width, note the mangled fender on the trailer....

DSCF0119.jpg

Back