• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Shocks: Rubicon Mono vs. OME

woodkrawler

NAXJA Forum User
Im trying to decide on a set of shocks for approx 3.5" of lift and on a Daily Driver. Im comparing the Rubicon Mono Tubes, OME Nitrochargers and Rubicon Twin Tubes. What do you guys think of these options?? Which one will give the best ride...OME's are most expensive(obviously) but the Rubicon Twin Tubes are nicely priced and look like a nice shock...anybody have any experience with these??

Lincoln

woodkrawler said:
Im trying to decide on a set of shocks for approx 3.5" of lift and on a Daily Driver. Im comparing the Rubicon Mono Tubes, OME Nitrochargers and Rubicon Twin Tubes. What do you guys think of these options?? Which one will give the best ride...OME's are most expensive(obviously) but the Rubicon Twin Tubes are nicely priced and look like a nice shock...anybody have any experience with these??

Lincoln

i just put a lift on a wrangler that had the RE monotubes.. they were very stiff.. compared to my ome's/// they took some pushing to compress.. they rode well on the vehicle though.. im thinking they might be the next shock i go with if i get any bigger in the lift area

i have RE monotubes on my 8" lift, and because they are stiff, the ride is nice at that height... i read somewhere that RE monotubes are actually made by edelbrock, just tuned to RE specification according to TJ, YJ, XJ, and ZJ applications. if you go with an RE kit, i'd go RE monotubes, cause they have been specificaly designed to go with their suspensions

HTH
brandon

shimmy said:
i have RE monotubes on my 8" lift, and because they are stiff, the ride is nice at that height... i read somewhere that RE monotubes are actually made by edelbrock, just tuned to RE specification according to TJ, YJ, XJ, and ZJ applications. if you go with an RE kit, i'd go RE monotubes, cause they have been specificaly designed to go with their suspensions

HTH
brandon

I have these on the RE 3.5". They have been great for me, stiff enough to keep it completely stable.

From what I have read here I think the OME's are a better overall shock if street ride is your main priority, but make sure you match the size up correctly.

Back