• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

retreads

I get some localy that are diffrent than the hightech tires. I'm not exactly shure who does the retreading on them though.

I have hi tec retreads and am very happy with them. I use mine almost entirely off road so it is difficult to tell what kind of miles I will get out of them. Not as much as I would expect from a BFG or similar but not that much less (maybe 75-80 percent of what you would expect from them).

I would not recommend "most" retreads. I am very happy with mine and do recommend them for the most "bang for the buck". I do not recommend them for Daily Drivers or some others.

Michael

I have been using my Hi-Tec retreads for about 6 months now. I use them every day on the road and even on long trips. I took a 3 hour ride to do some hard core wheeling and then drove 3 hours back, no issues. Tread wear seems to be fair, I have the OTR Muds. I think next time I might try there green diamond A/T's just cause they are used on the street more than the trail. The OTR Muds are noisey especially at first. I was just as skeptical as you were. I have nothing but good things to say about them. I got 5 of them shipped to my door for the price of 1 1/2 BFG's. Just watch the tread and sidewalls, if you see anything goofy, change it out. I havnt seen anything like that yet. And the people at High-Tec are helpfull. I can send you pics if you give me your e-mail.

I got these HI Tech's a year ago this past September. 31's. I figure I've got about 20k on them and untold off road miles. Still got more then half the tread left and they still hold balance. Considering the off road abuse they see, they have some gouges and cuts but not big chunks or deep cuts. Just in the lugs mostly. When these wear out, I'm getting their 33's.
f55cea1a.jpg

Steve

Does HI-Tech have a website or does anyone online carry them? Can`t find them using Google.

Thanks

Back