• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ZJ/XJ TB interchangability.

Lucas

NAXJA Forum User
I came across a ZJ throttle body from a running low miles rear end wreck. All the sensors are intact and it looks to be in good condition. I drive a 93. 4.0 HO with an AW4, will this TB work with all the sensors, or were they different depending on the the tranny? I have no idea what was behind the ZJ's motor.
I figured this TB and the sensors would be a decent preventative swap to my aging (150k) original unit.
TIA.

Well the throttle body is probibly the same as yours depending on the year of zj. I think they changed to our 99+ style in 98 so you would gain by changing it to the zj one if the doner was that year or newer. As far as the sensers I have no idea I do know that the early first year [93 I think] had the Aw4 then they changed to the 43RE [IIRC] mid year or so. Also the zj's use a system called the CC data bus for the comunacation of sensers to ther computer, but I don't think the sensers in question are part of that system, so as far as the Inter changeabilty of the two it might work.

Lucas said:
I came across a ZJ throttle body from a running low miles rear end wreck. All the sensors are intact and it looks to be in good condition. I drive a 93. 4.0 HO with an AW4, will this TB work with all the sensors, or were they different depending on the the tranny? I have no idea what was behind the ZJ's motor.
I figured this TB and the sensors would be a decent preventative swap to my aging (150k) original unit.
TIA.

If the TB and sensors are from a '93-'95 4.0 ZJ, they'll be a direct fit. The '96+ TB also has the MAP sensor mounted to it on the driver's side.

Yea, I took a look and compared the two, The TPS and IAC look the same, but there is a big MAP assembly on the side of the TB. I guess this means its a 96+? Will the IAC and TPS still work?

Back