• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

backspacing???

fisher446

NAXJA Forum User
ok when i get another engine in my jeep, im gonna be putting a 3" RUstys full pack lift, some 31x10.50 OTR Muds, and some soft 8's on it. I was just wondering what backspacing i should get. I dont want to have to trim any but i will be taking my flares off. I like the wide stance, plus i like throwing mud all over my roof and on my neighbours lol. I was told that 4" BS would work plus it would look good and give me the wide stance i want. SO what do you think????

i have 3 and 3/4'' of back sapcing per wheel with 33x12.50's and it is more than enough. i even have a d44 out of a scout and it is a little narrower than a stock jeep axle so 4'' seems a bit over kill but if thats what you like then i dont see a problem with it, although you might have a problem stuffing the wheels if you get into hard core off roading.

shimmy said:
if i'm wrong someone correct me... but, the higher numerical number BS = the narrower the stance.
Correct. The BS number is the measurement from the wheel mounting surface to the inside bead/lip.

I have the Pro-Comp version of the same wheel, and with 32X11.50's they stick out past the stock '99 flares about two inches.

Back