• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Open a locked rear hatch?

STND

(Small ThermoNuclear Device)

Actually, I've always wondered the same thing. That problem prevented me from scoring an intact pair of Wagoneer taillights at a boneyard. Be sure to share if you find the answer.

From what I've gleemed here before, most folks with stuck hatches hop into the back and begin removing the interior trim on the hatch. Once removed, you can operate the latch mechism by hand....

Really the only way I know is to take out the inside panel, which is difficult when it's closed, but not impossible. I had to do this not long ago when my worn out key would no longer turn in the worn out and rusty lock.

Ivan said:
From what I've gleemed here before, most folks with stuck hatches hop into the back and begin removing the interior trim on the hatch. Once removed, you can operate the latch mechism by hand....

Yeah, what he said...

That's what I had to do...

Major PIA

torch!!!!! Naaa just remove the back hatch panel and move the white latch part inside.. and I will get you the new back hatch lock soon along with the hood release cable.... :)

Back