• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anybody change gauge cluster, interior bulbs?

aspera

NAXJA Forum User
I've seen some great pictures and write-ups on other boards (non-Jeep) about guys who replaced the #194 and #74 bulbs with red or blue LEDs. They did all of the interior lights including the window switches and HVAC controls.

I'd like to see some pictures of your best. Thanks.

I pulled the blue coating off the cluster bulbs to make them white, but all the other bulbs are white with the lense it shines thorough being blue and I think the window switch lights are led's. So the only bulbs you could change the color of is the cluster lights, and the dome lights. I havent looked for colored lights to fit the vanity mirrors, but I would like to have red ones in mine. I put a overhead shelf, and reversed the mirrors from left to right when I put them back on. Now I have adjustable map lights of sorts, and would like them red.

:EDIT: I can get a pic for you after it gets dark if you want it.

I'll let ya know my opinion on this. I had red lights in my cluster for a while,(194's) and they looked cool. If you switch those ya have to do white face gauges though or it makes the cluster VERY HARD to read. I now have red in my courtesy lights as well(down by your feet) because they are also 194's. Really cool but like I said get a set of white face gauges first, like GoJeep's.

I would do this in a second IF I knew what to do to change the color of the window lift switch lights.

Anyone?

r@m

Back