• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

suspension question

rock rash

NAXJA Forum User
i have a 3" lift now. i am looking at adding 1.75" shackles and spacers. id put in a tcase drop and have the fixed lcas from the re 3.5 kit. is there anything else i would need? please let me know. i am trying to price this accordingly...

Casey

Longer ebrake lines also. I'm at 4.5" and they are really stretched. You can use some off of a 95 yj pass. side lines. Do a search about that. You should come up w/ some good info. Might also consider a sye depending on your setup.

rock rash said:
anything else recommended
do you like having a front DS?

then figure on adjustable uppers and / or adjustable lowers... to keep the pinion angle right

YJ slipyoke or SYE
dont do a t-case drop - you lifed to gain clearance a t-case drop doesnt help that.

might need shims for rear end

trackbar? do you run the stock one?

enjoy your time...

in my opinion, you will need an adjustable trac bar, adjustable lca and uca's or drop brackets, longer brake lines, longer e-brake cables, longer shocks, possibly cv driveshaft and a sye.

Patrick

man I don't know how you guys ran 3" of lift without changing the brakelines. Now granted I didn't measure before and after but when I installed my 3 in. lift I couldn't even reconnect the rear line. It wouldn't reach even with weight on the rearend. There's no way that was safe in my book.

I also had to put a drop pitman arm on mine to level out the adj trackbar and draglink. Perhaps I got more lift than advertised?

Anyway, get longer shocks, adj trackbar, brake lines, adj upper and lower control arms.

Start off adding the basics, brake lines and e-brake cables, then measure for new shocks. After that just drive it and see what it feels like, then add anything else that you might need.

I was at 2.5" and added longer shackles and spacers for another 1.5" and never had to drop the t-case. I didn't extend the brake lines or the e-brake cables, but sometimes God watches after fools! I'm in the process of changing my rear dif to a Dana 44 and adding a RE/DPG 5" suspension lift. When I took the rear wheels off after it was on jack stands I discovered that the "limiting straps" on my rear end were the brake lines and cables!

Hope that helps,
Robert

Back