• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tuff country steering stabilizer...is it really that tuff?

ecrogers

NAXJA Forum User
I'm looking for a decent steering stabilizer for a 2000 XJ with 3.5" RE SF. Anyone use Tuff Country or heard anything about them?

If not any other suggestions on brand and where to pick them up. I'm thinking if not the Tuff Country I'll do Skyjacker or OME.

Any advice is appreciated!

did a coparison between the rancho (#5401) and the skyjacker (comes with RR 6"kit)and the rancho was A LOT better. The skyjacker still allowed some steering wander where the rancho was very solid and no wander. I did the test with 35" tires and 6" of lift.

i just ordered the rancho one a few weeks ago (8" lift 35" tires) and i absolutely love it. go rancho. very solid and good instructions.

Half the dang brands mentioned are built at the Monroe facility, they just have different stampings on the bodies. You can't go wrong with a Rancho 5401 at any rate though... What it all comes down to is body diameter (bigger seem to be more HD) and the fact that they're all just 50/50 valved shocks.

i used doestch tech and wow what a difference over stock plus really cheap. The only draw back was that I had to press the bushings in myself. I guess that why they are cheap.

Thanks for the advice. I ordered a superlift(which is the same as Fabtech I guess but $20 cheaper) because the rancho part number was showing up as only being good on up to '97 xj's. I figured it would still work but didn't have the time to double check.

Hopefully the superlift will do the job.

Back