• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TruTrac question

Kejtar

PostMaster General
NAXJA Member
I have a friend who is overseas and he's looking to order a trutrac from US. The catalog, and some of the vendor websites make little sense: conflicting part numbers are listed and some specify the tru trac for a non disconnect and nothing for a a disconnect axle.

In any case, does anyone know what is the part number for a tru trac for a D30 with 3.55 gears with a vacum disconnect?

Thanks

Why would it be any different for a disco or non-disco axle?

Lawn Cher' said:
Why would it be any different for a disco or non-disco axle?
no clue, but a few vendors mention it specifically it being for non-disco, and I lost the number I had to tractech (and their website doesn't list it of course). ANyways my buddy wants to make sure he gets the right one as it has to travel halfways around the world to reach him.

Assuming it's a D30, there are only two models... one for the 3.55:1 and numerically smaller, and another for the 3.73:1 and numerically higher.

I ran mine with both the hassle-prone disconnect axle and with the axle disconnect defeated (latemodel 1pc inner axle shaft) with no issues either way.

Kejtar said:
I have a friend who is overseas and he's looking to order a trutrac from US. The catalog, and some of the vendor websites make little sense: conflicting part numbers are listed and some specify the tru trac for a non disconnect and nothing for a a disconnect axle.

In any case, does anyone know what is the part number for a tru trac for a D30 with 3.55 gears with a vacum disconnect?

Thanks
The factory list (a pdf file) shows a truetrac for non disco only, here it is.

1971-03 Dana 30 (g) 1.16” 27 3.54 & dn 912A374 3.73 & up 912A314

(g) Does not fit axle disconnect” Dana 44 1982-85; Dana 30 Cherokee 1984-92, Wrangler 1987-95

falcon556 said:
The factory list (a pdf file) shows a truetrac for non disco only, here it is.

1971-03 Dana 30 (g) 1.16” 27 3.54 & dn 912A374 3.73 & up 912A314

(g) Does not fit axle disconnect” Dana 44 1982-85; Dana 30 Cherokee 1984-92, Wrangler 1987-95
Thanks guys, I ended up getting a hold of one of their distributors who verified the numbers for me: one of the pdf's on the tractech site turned out to have wrong part number on it.

Kejtar said:
Thanks guys, I ended up getting a hold of one of their distributors who verified the numbers for me: one of the pdf's on the tractech site turned out to have wrong part number on it.

I brought it up to their attention a few weeks ago, I guess they don't care very much about correcting it.
Still, the way the pdf is worded, I think it means that the disco is not supported.
Did they give you a number that fits a disco?

Back