• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New Security/Remote Start System

Slammed_am

NAXJA Forum User
After reading numerous posts about stolen XJ's, I decided to pull the basic remote starter out and swap it with a Alarm & Remote start System. I went with a top of the line Code Alarm piece CA 645(2-way LCD paging remotes) and CA425 Master module only because I was able to order it directly from Code Alarm (Audiovox) at a pretty decent dealer discount. Along with this systems shock sensor and starter Kill, I decided to add a few other interesting features. Glass Breakage sensor (since the XJ has more than enough windows that can easily be smashed out) and also a unit from Satronics called Car Link.

Car link allows you to control your security system via a phone call (pretty cool, right?). Basically dial up the 1800 # punch in your code and select the function. Lock, unlock, remote start, etc. Also should the vehicle get driven without your permission, it can be shut off by calling the 1800 # too. A few nice things with this system is, I can work the alarm from anywhere, as long as I have access to a phone. Probably a waste, but at the price, what the hell...

Back