• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Straight axle XJ

strokethis

NAXJA Forum User
Im wondering if I should straight axle my xj. Its got 39.5 iroks with 11 inches. I need input on what I should do about the front end. And about how much straight axle is and is it worth it? Thank You for your input. Blake

the guy i bought the jeep from built it himself and he was a kid who thought he knew what he was doing. The steering snapped and the axle rolled. He welded all the suspension on the front end himself. So everything would have to be redone anyways. And Ive heard straight axle is much better.

I got to see some photo's of this. Please post some pic's so we can see what kind of a job this kid did.

Man Im sorry i dont mean straight axle I meant leaf spring vs. coils. Its already straight axle. I just was gonna take out the coils and put leafs under it. My bad. What do you think.

NO no a ford ranger TTB setup will be the best option for you. Dont forget to mount the axle brakets high for axle ground clearance in the middle.

Don't decide on anything until you leave and breathe this forum for the next month reading daily post and doing ALOT of searches.

You can decide for yourself.

Jason

aight i talked to a shop in Alabama called Southern Offroad and they said the only way to due it without any liabilities is leaf spring. And they are my pretty good friends so i dont think they are trying to take me.

strokethis said:
aight i talked to a shop in Alabama called Southern Offroad and they said the only way to due it without any liabilities is leaf spring. And they are my pretty good friends so i dont think they are trying to take me.

:huh: :dunno:

Back