• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anybody ever put a power mirror motor on a light? Can it be done?

98xjlimited

NAXJA Forum User
I was just sitting around thinking of new projects and I was thinking about how I could make my rear light (on my roofrack) more adjustable. Any way to hook up a power mirror motor to it to adjust it up/down and left/right?

Any ideas?

Ashley

Has far as I know, nobody has ever tried it.
You may be heading out into undiscovered territory.
Let us know what evolves.

I did a similar thing but I hacked apart my radio control car. Kind of funny to freak people out when they walk by my Jeep. I have a remote turn on and then you can sit quite far away and follow them with the light. Took a while to get the servos worked out but works great. After all that I was in BoatsUS and saw a remote control light for $99, that sucked as it about 3 weeks to get it right.

I saw some guy mount speakers to the power mirror motors. This way he could aim the speakers for optimum listening depending on his seating position.

XJguy

Cool...I'm headed to the junk yard Monday to see what I can find. I'll keep ya'll posted.

Back